Grandview Heights Kids' Club
Grandview Kids’ Club serves families by providing before and after school care as well as a summer program for students in kindergarten through sixth grade. Our program follows the Grandview Heights City Schools calendar. Kids’ Club does not operate when Grandview schools are closed because of calamity, holidays, winter break or spring break.
This program is offered at Stevenson Elementary and Edison Intermediate schools. Kids’ Club is a self-supporting tuition based program. Assistance for qualified families is available through Title XX.
For more information about Grandview Kids’ Club please download the Parent Handbook.
To view the Kids' Club nutritional guidelines - click here
Follow the links for more information about registration, forms and tuition.
To view the 2012-2013 Kids' Club calendar - click here
Colleen Adkinson, Director, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Keves, Program Leader, E-mail: email@example.com
Phone - 614.485.4040, Fax - 614.429.6083
Grandview Kids' Club Mission
To meet the needs of Grandview families and the community by ensuring that all children are provided with a safe and nurturing environment.
Grandview Kids' Club Goals
- To provide a flexible and developmentally appropriate recreation program which complements the school day and time at home by encouraging physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth.
- To provide a secure environment which encourages positive feelings of self-worth, decision making, problem solving and individual expression.
- To foster each student’s ability to respect themselves and their classmates.
- To provide a competent and caring staff who understands and meets the needs of children.
- To encourage and participate in open communication about the childcare program to families.
Locations and Hours of Operation
Robert L. Stevenson Elementary
1065 Oxley Road
Serving students in grades K - 3
Hours of Operation:
- Before-school care: 7:00-8:10 a.m.
- After-school care: 2:50-6:00 p.m.
- Summer care: 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Edison Intermediate Middle School
1240 Oakland Avenue
Serving students in grades 4 - 6.
Hours of Operation:
- After-school care: 2:35-6:00 p.m.
- Summer care: Located at Stevenson for grades 4-6
Our program is designed to include a variety of indoor and outdoor activities. We choose activities based on the needs and interests of each group and are limited only by imagination. We offer a mix of craft, creative arts, cooking, science, language arts, geography, history, sensory and math activities. Homework is also an important part of our daily activities.
Throughout the school year Kids' Club offers a variety of elective enrichment programs. In the past enrichment program opportunities have included martial arts, yoga, fencing, spanish, science inquiry club and music. Some of these programs require an additional fee. Our summer program offers swimming, special presentations, weekly bus field trips and walking trips within the Grandview community.
Each Kids’ Club staff member must be certified in first aid and CPR. The team leaders are certified in communicable disease management and child abuse and neglect recognition. Additionally, each staff person must provide three references, a medical statement and submit to a background check.
Visiting Our Program
Parents are welcome to visit the program during our normal hours of operation. If your child is not enrolled in our program, please check in at the school office and pick up a visitor’s pass.