To provide the necessary skills and opportunities for encouragement of lifelong
learning and appreciation of choral and vocal music by:
- developing and enhancing musicianship and artistry through a variety of music literature.
- discovering and exploring the fundamentals of singing.
- developing proficiency in the reading and interpretation of music.
- emphasizing professional standards of rehearsal and performance practices.
- providing high quality performances for the community.
Students who have been in the GHHS Vocal Music Department should be able to make a smooth transition
into a college choir, community choir or adult choir with the experience necessary to be a competent and
educated member. They should be able to take part in and/or listen to choral performances with knowledge,
appreciation for and enjoyment of the art form.
Congratulations to The Grandview Singers, who have once again received a superior rating at State OMEA Adjudicated events! This marks the ninth year in a row for GS earning a superior rating at state, and the fourth year in a row for earning straight superiors from all four judges.
Kie Watkins, HS/MS Instrumental Music Director
Band office/Voice Mail: 485-4012
Grandview Bands Website
Scott Heath, MS Instrumental Music Director
Annex office/Voice Mail: 485-4116
Brian Petit, Stevenson K-3 Music Teacher